For all your dog friendly holiday needs visit - The Woof Guide.com

Finding Dog Friendly Holidays can be a frustrating task, that's why Coastal Cottages have launched this fantastic dog friendly website, the only resource you need to plan a stress free holiday with your dog.

Dog Friendly Holiday Cottage Search »
Dog Friendly Special Offers »
Dog Treats & Gifts »
Order Brochure »
Contact Us »

Saturday 26 November 2011

Flynn is finding his feet

Today, it is a week since I was surprised by my Mum and Dad with my sheepdog puppy Flynn.

He is as gorgeous as ever and has learnt how to sit in a day. Because I proceed in making a huge fuss over him when he sits, he now does it all the time! I was washing up this morning and all had gone quiet so I called Flynn a few times and waited, but heard nothing. I turn around to find him sat behind me, good as gold and his little tail wagging. Bless him.

Throughout the week I have taken Flynn to see Jed, Jed is the best dog in the world and has the patience of a saint. Any dog that can sit, stiff as a board whilst having a puppy bounce up at him playfully letting out a screech every now and again deserves a medal. Mind you, one curl of the lip from Jed and Flynn dives behind me!

Flynn needs one other injection next week before he is able to mingle with all and sundry, but Jed does accompany him down to the bottom of the road and back to have a stretch of his legs.

The vet gave 'Puppy Jones' (this is what Mum registered Flynn under at the vet as she didn't know what his name was going to be!) a three day worming powder, which we started yesterday. Flynn had a few nibbles of his lunch (complete with wormer) and retreated to his bed in dismay. On his way home from work yesterday he was sick and looked a little peaky for the rest of the evening. This morning he turned his nose up at his breakfast and lunch without even so much as a sniff. His Dad tried mixing a few treats in amongst the dry mix and wormer this afternoon and he prized out every single piece of treat and left the rest! I had to giggle.

No comments: