For all your dog friendly holiday needs visit - The Woof Guide.com

Finding Dog Friendly Holidays can be a frustrating task, that's why Coastal Cottages have launched this fantastic dog friendly website, the only resource you need to plan a stress free holiday with your dog.

Dog Friendly Holiday Cottage Search »
Dog Friendly Special Offers »
Dog Treats & Gifts »
Order Brochure »
Contact Us »

Thursday 8 January 2009

Freshwater West Beach, Pembrokeshire


I always find that taking my pooch for a trip down the beach during the Winter months is so much more enjoyable than battling with the crowds during the height of the Summer season. Of course I have no objection whatsoever with the many people that visit Pembrokeshire in the Summer it's just that you can find your dog will never get any peace.

My dog will always manage to find the man with the camera trying to take a 'beach' shot of his little children in the sea. In swoops Jed ball in mouth, tail wagging, ears pricked and a spring in his step as he bounds into the sea. Cue glare from Dad.

But that just wouldn't happen in the Winter. I know it does sound like I may be stating the obvious here, but the only other people you will come across, are other lovely people wanting some peace and quiet to let their dogs run wild along the sand and splashing in the sea and the occasional surfer dude, but they just please themselves.

I recently took Jed down to his favourite beach, Freshwater West and it was as unspoilt and as refreshing as ever. Freshwater West is a fantastic beach to visit all year round for dogs, as it carries no horrible restrictions and has a long stretch of golden sand, plenty of sand dunes, rock pools and a clean sea for a doggie dip. If you are coming to Pembrokeshire with Coastal, then I would most certainly recommend this beach to visit. For me, having a water-loving dog at home allows me to venture to the beach everyday if I liked and knew that my dog would be absolutely delighted to accompany me.
There is nothing like wrapping up cosy warm as you feel the brisk air manage to catch only your face as you gently stroll across soft sand, splashing your wellies in the sea and watching your four legged friend have the time of his life.

1 comment:

Pembrokeshire holidays said...

It would be great to have a walk there. It looks so peaceful and beautiful.

Wales Holiday