For all your dog friendly holiday needs visit - The Woof Guide.com

Finding Dog Friendly Holidays can be a frustrating task, that's why Coastal Cottages have launched this fantastic dog friendly website, the only resource you need to plan a stress free holiday with your dog.

Dog Friendly Holiday Cottage Search »
Dog Friendly Special Offers »
Dog Treats & Gifts »
Order Brochure »
Contact Us »

Tuesday 25 October 2011

My Dog Jed

I never thought the day would come when my dog Jed wouldn't fancy a walk.

Perhaps it's because over the last four years he has become wise to the notion that my walks nowadays are never shorter than at least 6 miles at a time and he has just decided he doesn't fancy trotting aside me for hours.

I think I forget Jed is now 14 years old, I still see him as a puppy.

After much deliberation I have come to the conclusion that yes, it's not that he doesn't feel like going for a leisurely stroll for 20 minutes of an evening, he just doesn't fancy trekking for miles and miles, up and down hills and round and round the countryside for hours on end.

So is it just me he doesn't like walking with? No.

I must admit I was a little smug when mum rang the other day having taken Jed out for a walk, to tell me that he had twice turned on his heels pulling her back in the direction of home too.

Bless him. It is his way of just saying he has had enough. We now take him for short, snappy little walks and when he wants to go home he simply turns around!

What a decisive and admirable dog. Either that or he's just gone incredibly lazy!

No comments: