For all your dog friendly holiday needs visit - The Woof Guide.com

Finding Dog Friendly Holidays can be a frustrating task, that's why Coastal Cottages have launched this fantastic dog friendly website, the only resource you need to plan a stress free holiday with your dog.

Dog Friendly Holiday Cottage Search »
Dog Friendly Special Offers »
Dog Treats & Gifts »
Order Brochure »
Contact Us »

Saturday 13 December 2008

Do Dogs Look Like Their Owners?

Have you ever wondered whether the never-ending conundrum, 'do dogs look like their owners' have any sort back bone? I have, and so has my colleague Sarah W.
Back in March when we both attending Crufts on behalf of The Woof Guide team, as you can imagine we were surrounded by large quantities of various breeds of dogs from British Bulldogs to Great Dane's and their owners. After four days of being surrounded by all shapes and sizes, we drew up the following conclusion, IT IS MOST DEFINITELY TRUE! Dogs do look like their owners.
I thought that I would do a little bit of research on the topic today and to see whether we had any support on the matter, and I was very surprised to discover how many stories and studies supported the diagnosis, including a study investigated by the yanks who make it 'official'- dogs do look like their owners.
But hold on a second, surely like myself, if you have a dog with a bit of a mixture a 'mongrel' if you will, such as my pooch Jed (collie cross springer spaniel), when I took him home as a pup I didn't really know what he would end up looking like. So how does that work?
Well it doesn't. In that respect the theory could be described as 'going to the dogs' so to speak, but when people select a purebred dog they are certainly 'barking up the right tree'.

As I cannot really compare myself to Jed, I thought I would show you all a picture of the very, highly attractive breed that Sarah W believes most resembles myself, a Curly Coated Retriever...




I chose an image of a puppy due to it's high rated 'cute' factor!

As for Sarah, I'm thinking an Irish Setter...?


Obviously I do appreciate that you may or not know what Sarah or myself for that matter look like to offer an opinion!
I am beginning to think that I may try this game at home over Christmas at some point, you know keep the family mood lightened and laughter rife!
Well, on that note I think I best stop there whilst I still have a job, as before you know it I will have teamed each member of the office with a random breed of dog and bound to end up offending some body (not intentionally of course) along the way!

No comments: