For all your dog friendly holiday needs visit - The Woof Guide.com

Finding Dog Friendly Holidays can be a frustrating task, that's why Coastal Cottages have launched this fantastic dog friendly website, the only resource you need to plan a stress free holiday with your dog.

Dog Friendly Holiday Cottage Search »
Dog Friendly Special Offers »
Dog Treats & Gifts »
Order Brochure »
Contact Us »

Wednesday 1 October 2008

My Trip To Lydstep, South Wales.

Hi there, my name is Molly the dog (aged 18 months) and it seemed like an age since my last holiday when I went to the Isle of Wight. In fact, dad reckons it has only been 9 months, but I've worked it out to be 63!!!! And boy…. was I ready for a holiday!!!! It's a hard life you know being an 'only dog', the executive stress of going to the office once a week, being waited on hand and foot, and having more fuss than you could shake a stick at!

Now, I've not heard much about Cottage Holidays in Wales. My Pembrokeshire Corgi buddy, Peggy, tells me that it's a great place, but does suffer from dreary weather and has got the odd dragon lurking around in dark hidden places. Unsure of what a dragon was I asked wise old Jack whilst chasing the ball his owner had thrown for him. "Morning Molly, I hear you're off on holiday again?" "Yeah, I can't wait." I replied as the ball bounced over the park bench and into a bush. "Jack…" I said inquisitively, "…..what's a dragon?" Jack froze and the recently retrieved ball fell from his slobbery jaws. "A dragon my friend, is like the biggest dog you have ever seen… red in colour and scaley to the touch. It barks with smoke and growls with fire… you won't find them here…" "But Peggy told me that they have them in Wales?" "Not any more… but be careful of caves… something may have survived…" And with that he was gone.

I plodded back to mum and dad who attached my lead and took me home. I leapt straight into the boot and went on Dragon Patrol. However, I was bored of that by the time we'd got out of Nottingham so I barked at a man on a motorbike then went to sleep. After what seemed like forever, the handbrake clicked, then engine stopped and the doors opened. I peered out of the boot to make sure that there were no mythical beasts and leapt out to have a sniff around. It was raining, and it was far colder than it should have been in July. I could smell the sea air and hear waves crashing against rocks so I knew that the coast wasn't far away. I raced into the cottage to check out my home for the next few days.

It was really spacious and everything smelt very new. There was a choice of about 5 beds and plenty of seats in the lounge so I was very excited. (Unfortunately dad made me sleep on my own bed.) I did have to be careful with my muddy paws as much of the flooring was light in colour. I put my special towel by the door for a quick wipe before entering. It was late by the time we arrived as the journey took much longer than expected so we had a quick walk around the quiet village of Lydstep before heading back home for some well earned rest.



Two days later... My Summary


Well after two days away I would recommend south wales, Tenby in particular as it is a very pretty place with some excellent beaches and a good range of attractions and places to visit. Most of the beaches have dog friendly areas but you must keep your lead on when walking the coastal walks and paths. Peggy the Corgi would have enjoyed it as she is happy to plod along and isn't too fussed about exercise.If you live near to Tenby it makes a great trip away and there is plenty of Holiday Accommodation in Tenby.

I give Lydstep a big 'Paws Up'. It was a very enjoyable weekend and I loved the boat trip. I might see about taking a friend with me next time. Oh and don't forget, if you do take your owners there, it may be worth putting some early training in, just incase you come across a Welsh dragon!!!

No comments: